Musing of a verbose mind. It borders on all that takes a skeptical and highly critical view of whatever is happening or has happened in our world..... do read it and post your comments..... discourse is welcome.....

Preachers not allowed

Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 | By Gautam | In ,

Aim for the stars!!! Aim high!!! People want YOU to succeed. Outperform. Deliver. Be geeks in our respective fields. Expand our horizons. Dream big. Even become CEOs of companies. Drive around the town in expensive Mercs, Audis and their ilks. Sorry, not interested. Period.

The pretext that people assume is that everyone wants to be successful which is sort of true. Well sort of. One of the fundamental flaws in this logic is that people are preaching their version of success to hapless souls. It's akin to pushing something down the throats of kids because they are not allowed to question. It's good that preachers want to see us go ahead in life. But the idea of success is different for different people. What maybe success to one maybe mediocre stuff for another. Here's what I think about this whole brouhaha about preaching- people want to be successful. They even try hard. But somewhere down the line they're unsatisfied with the results. So now they have us as their targets. Those endless lectures on how to be successful, what to do, what not to do!!! Take a hike......

Success is now measured in matrices now. I suppose we have templates in excel now. We even have sure-shot formulae which have a certain input, a process, and an outcome. Can you guess the outcome??? It's success. Wallah.....

And what about happiness? Ain't I supposed to be happy? Picture this- I want to lead a decent lifestyle. A good enough package will do. I don't give a damn if I'm a line manager for the rest of my life if my ends meet. But no, I'll be rounded up and be informed that this is not good enough. That I need to look at life with someone else's filter. That I need to aim higher. That I need to write down on a piece of paper where I will be in next 10 years.

To sum it up for all those who preach- Those who can, do it. Those who can't, teach (preach in this case!!!).....

Comments (3)

Its kind of wat comes to my mind wen i hear those preachings.. bt m nt good enuf to play wid words...
Good that atleast sumone wrote... pretty good!!

Nice thought! I like ur perspective.. ;)

Hmm ... True
I think the same way . Satisfaction nowadays is has become so hard earned.