Musing of a verbose mind. It borders on all that takes a skeptical and highly critical view of whatever is happening or has happened in our world..... do read it and post your comments..... discourse is welcome.....

Of eclairs and change.....

Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 | By Gautam | In

You go to a friendly neighborhood kirana store (also called the mom & pop store in retail jargon) and buy something which costs, say 24 bucks. You give the proprietor 30 bucks and in return he hands over a change of 5 bucks and an eclairs (or any other toffee). What's that? If you argue, he'll counter attack by saying sahab, khulle nahin hain. In the meantime if you happen to notice, all his friendliness is gone.

Fair enough. But since transactions are a two way traffic, I'll have my say too. Or so I thought before I was disillusioned.

The next time I went to his shop, I gave him 20 bucks and 4 eclairs for something that costs 24 bucks (again!). What's that, the guy retorted (with his friendliness disappearing into thin air, I might add). This is the type of situation we all have faced when we have been taken for a ride with a perfect excuse of unavailability of change. Ya, whatever.

Such is the extent of cartelisation in our country that this scene is replicated all over the country, even while I'm writing this post. And these kirana-wallas cry foul when big retailers enter our cities citing a cripple argument that their business will be hit. Survival of the fittest dude.

And yes, I want my change back.....

Comments (3)

gr8 work dude...........
kitna acha likhta hai.......... par wo kya likha tah skirt k upar........ waisa mat likha kar..............this one is nice

This comment has been removed by the author.

yes dude, i want my change back!!!!